Saturday, February 28, 2009

What Have I Been Up To?

Well let's start by saying that my week started on the down side. I was not quite as perky and the week went downhill from there. So while I was in that "down mode" I took advantage of my pillows as much as possible and started reading.

Reading you ask? Yes, I started reading those sewing books I have. My most recent purchase was "Fast Fit" by Sandra Betzina. I was most enthused by this book and it now holds first place on my sewing table. The 2nd place holder is "The Complete Book of Sewing" and the 3rd place holder is "50 Ways To Master Your Sewing Machine."

The 2nd and 3rd place holders are great finds by my DH. He is always checking out the yard sales and that's how I got them, along with 11 other great sewing books on quilting. They are all hardbacks and I must add that DH is a great bargain hunter and all 13 books were purchased for a grand total of $1.

So my reading is done, my energy is returning, and I am looking forward to getting a muslin completed tomorrow. I even picked up a new pattern yesterday - A Project Runway - Simplicity #2671. I have a vision for two of the grandsons and hope to get the vision out soon. I will keep you all posted on that one.

I have some crochet that needs completed and hope to have all of my UFOs complete and posted by week's end. I also need to start working on writing that pattern for my first creation that was completed before Thanksgiving 2008. I want to have a few ready for the fall and need to get working on colors (it takes two colors). Watch for that as well.

So that's what I have been up to this past week. What did you do exciting?

No comments: