Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Kudos To...

Erica B. & Barnes & Noble (http://www.bn.com/). Recently, Erica B. @ D.I.Y. Style was questioned about her book resources. She so kindly listed her entire library with a photo of each book. I give her kudos for her willingness to share how she gets things done. She gives us an in-depth look at how to make sewing easier and I must say she did a very fine job. I took her choices and looked them up on BN.com and was very pleased that she had chosen books that are easy to read/understand and make you feel at ease about sewing. So with that said, I chose to add to my library a book that I most desparately needed. The very first chapter of this book is the most important to me. It describes how to obtain every measurement on your body. I am glad to say that I was able to pinpoint my trouble area instantly - the waist. Kudos is also given to BN since I was able to get the book used (and I must say, it had NEVER been used and I loved the price.) With that said, my choice from Erica's list is "Fast Fit" by Sandra Betzina. Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

That is a great book, I've enjoyed it for several years. Need to pull it off the shelf again.

Claire S. said...

I've got Fast Fit too and have used it successfully for quite a few things.

I'm still pretty new at sewing to fit me and so my books get used A LOT !!!