Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Quest For Knowledge!!!

As my DH and close friends know, I started a quest, a very serious quest on October 15, 2007. I had recently had a talk with my Uncle and he revealed something to me about my Grandmother. She read her Bible everyday, cover to cover and started again until the day she died. My Uncle did not know when she had actually started reading her Bible that way, but he made a very interesting comment - "She knew people." She had gained much knowledge about people over the years and she knew how people were just by speaking. In that light, I decided to do the same. Not to know people in that sense, but to KNOW about a lot of things. So my journey began on that day and I must say that knowledge has come my way.

My first A-ha moment was when I realized that Israel of today is just as stubborn as Israel of the Old Testament. We are a hard-headed people. The things you hear at church every Sunday started to meld together. I wanted to know what led up to some of those most quoted scriptures and I must say that I was very intrigued. My first cover to cover has spilled over into 2009. I start Romans tomorrow. And with that I will leave you with a trivia question. I will post these every so often with the answer to follow the following week. Here's the question:

How many sets of twins are mentioned in the Old Testament and where are they located?

2 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

When are you going to post the answer to the Bible twins questions? I'm glad you've got your pants problem solved. Now if I can get this waistband section solved I'll have mine solved too.

Melodye said...

2
Pharez & Zarah Gen 38:27 - 30

Esau and Jacob - Gen 25:24 - 26